Layne's Legacy - Beading For A Cure combines a beading challenge & competition on an annual basis to raise money for the National Colorectal Cancer Research Association.
The project you create not only becomes a charitable gift, but is also an artistic challenge. The challenge is to see what can be designed using at least one of every bead in a kit - the same kit everyone starts with. The challenge is part of the gift - using your creativity to produce something of beauty that will be different from everyone else's, while all are using exactly the same materials.
When completed, your
piece will then be entered into the competition and could win
selection of amazing donated prizes!
2011 BFAC Challenge rules are as follows:
1. You must use at least one of each bead in the kit.
2. You may add one bead type of your own. (Example: A single additional color seed bead in one size, an additional accent bead type such as a color/size of pearls, glass, stone, or crystal, a cohesive set of art beads.) You may not add more than a single size or type of bead.
3. You may add findings as needed to complete your project.
4. You may use fibers, pendants, sequins, or other non-bead items to complete your project.
5. You may add forms to bead on or around such as ornaments, pillows, totes, stuffed forms, purses, ect.
6. Only one kit is allowed per participant.
7. If you just need a few more of one of the beads in the kit, you may ask another member of the challenge to send you some, sell you some, or swap with you for what you need.
8. Additional beads from your kit will be available from Out On A Whim, the 2011 kit supplier. www.whimbeads.com
9. You must fill out and return the registration form included with your kit when you submit your project.
10. Finished projects must be postmarked
by August 2nd, 2010. Please send via Insured Priority Mail.
Attn: Kate Ball
PO Box 321
Somers Point, NJ 08244
Failure to follow any
of the rules will result in a disqualification.
If you have questions about your project or any of the listed rules, please contact the BFAC secretary.
Here is a copy of the 2011 Registration Form in case yours gets misplaced.